Before we know about Digital transformation in the Financial Industry first, we have to understand the definition of Digital transformation.
Digital transformation is the cultural, organizational, and operational change of an organization, industry, or ecosystem through the smart integration of digital technologies, processes, and competencies across all levels and functions in a staged and strategic way.
Digital transformation leverages technologies to create value and new services for various stakeholders. Customers in the possible broadcast sense rapidly innovate and get the capabilities to adapt to the changing circumstances.
Digital transformation is not just about the disruption of technology. It is about value, people, optimization, and the capability to rapidly adapt when needed through the intelligent use of technologies and information.
After getting a general idea about digital transformation now, let’s understand the financial industry’s digital transformation.
The finance organization has emerged as a driving force of this transformation. Chief Financial Officers are often leading digital transformation initiatives by serving as first movers of digital solutions and working with functional leads to quantify the benefits and show potential cost savings or efficiency gains.
ALSO READ: How financial service providers can scale up quickly with Salesforce Financial Cloud
Finance may also have the best understanding of what level of digitization will work best with the company’s current operating model, or it needs to be changed to optimize the technology use. The point is demonstrated via four finance-led case studies across a variety of industries.
Digital Finance Framework
The disruption period highlights and amplifies business vulnerabilities. Chief Finance Officers and finance leaders must safeguard the business while anticipating changing trends, addressing market volatility, and establishing long-term financial and operational resilience across the industry.
By embracing digital capabilities and upskilling, Chief Finance Officers can help insulate their business from disruption and allow the finance function to operate at a high level, even in a remote environment. The digital finance framework brings together operations, insights and analytics, systems and architecture, and the stakeholder experience.
RECOMMENDED: Digitizing the Financial Industry: A Requisite for a Customer-centric Approach
- It works automatically without any supervision; it contains intelligent automation software. This is called Smart automation.
- It provides automated solutions with creative designs, tailored to our customer’s specific needs. This type of automation is called Edge automation.
- It integrates many processes to work in coordination with each other.
Insights and Analytics
- The Insights are preventive
- It contains graphical images or animations which are useful in communicating with each other.
- It predicts a specific model, which makes our work more comfortable and smooth.
- It automatically processes the finance-related work in a minute and straightforward way.
- It can be used and can be accessed anywhere, which makes our job very easy.
- External Stakeholder Portals. It has portals in which external stakeholders can access it to increase the organization’s finance.
- It consists of microservices and APIs, which can make our work easier. We can access data anywhere and any part of the world.
- It uses Software as a Service as a financial platform.
- It uses digitization processes like OCR and ICR.
Finally, we summarize that nowadays, it is a digital world, and everyone wants to get digital, so the ability to transform using digital solutions, particularly in finance, will help endure the crisis and provide long-term sustainable value. Chief Finance Officers and finance leaders can lead their finance organizations by rapidly embracing technology and adapting to disruption.
CEPTES is a Salesforce Silver consulting partner that can guide you as your strategic partner to speed up the business value of your Salesforce.com investment through consultation, digitization, and innovation. If you are thinking of growing your business using the Salesforce platform, we can help you to know more. Please get in touch.
ALSO READ: Salesforce for Financial Industry: How to Streamline your Sales Process