‘How to optimize data storage in Salesforce?’
Do you remember the last time you Googled this question? It must be very recent if you’ve been using Salesforce for a long time. Because data growth in Salesforce is frightful, sending a chill down your spine every once in a while.
Now, recall the solutions you landed up when Googled the questions. Did you find the right answer? Perhaps, you might have to stumble upon several confusing pieces of information. Right? Then how do you manage your Salesforce data? What strategies can you rely on to manage your critical data? Do you want to know?
We will tell you!
Data Archiving: The Most Efficient Data Management Strategy in Salesforce
Data is every business’ lifeblood. So it increases its volume by day. Do you think the deletion of old data and thus the optimization of the storage space is a smart strategy toward efficient Salesforce data management? NO! A BIG NO!
Buying additional data storage from Salesforce is neither an option as the cost sounds sky-high for most businesses.
Now, what’s the solution?
If you ask us, we would say, Data Archiving! Yes. You read it right! Data archiving — the most efficient way to manage your enormous data growth in Salesforce.
What is Data Archiving and Why is it Important in Salesforce?
Data archiving is the practice of identifying and moving your historical, unused data out of the production org into a long-term secondary storage system. Upon archiving, you actually migrate your unstructured massive data pool to long-term retention for future use. This is the intelligent way to safely keep your essential data in a warm, easily accessible, and low-cost storage space.
So, you must have got a little knowledge about the process of data archiving. Now, you have to discover the reasons why you need to archive your Salesforce data. We will walk you through a few;
- Exponential data growth will gradually result in lower reports, query performance, and list views, and ultimately impact the user experience. So, it’s recommended to archive your historical data and free up your Salesforce storage space.
- Archiving Salesforce data allows you to meet your compliance demands, follow regulatory standards (like HIPAA or GDPR), and tone down the risks.
- As buying external data storage from Salesforce doesn’t stay under your budget, data archiving is the first option to embrace as it’s cost-effective.
- You can sporadically archive your not regularly used data at your convenience — daily, weekly, monthly, etc. to never run out of storage space.
- In a way, archiving is also an approach to ensure the safety of your data as it facilitates the long-term retention of your data.
- Last but not least, archiving gives you more control over your data.
Yeah, hope you understood why data archiving in Salesforce is widely accepted to be a smart practice.
Identifying the growing demand for data archiving, years ago, we decided to innovate in this booming domain and address the pain points of Salesforce users intelligently and most cost-effectively. That’s how DataArchiva, our modern archiving platform which comes with two next-gen data archiving options, was built on top of AppExchange.
Are you thrilled to know what the different options are? Let’s expound.
Option 1: Native Archiving
Have you ever heard of Big Objects in Salesforce?
Big Objects is one of the storage spaces in Salesforce after file and data storage. We explored the potential of this big storage space a long time back and leveraged this space to get our archiving job done within Salesforce.
How? You ask?
After identifying your legacy compliance data, we will archive that data from Salesforce’s primary storage space into Big Objects very securely as it never goes out of your Salesforce platform.
Remember, DataArchiva is the only application ever built with such a distinct capability to archive data by leveraging Big Objects.
Another advantage of our AppExchange application is that since there is no integration or connector required (that can slow down the process), our native archiving application can carry out its purpose in a breeze. No matter if it’s Standard or Custom objects, our app archives your data periodically.
Option 2: External Archiving
As you imagined, our native archiving platform hit the jackpot in no time. Upon receiving an immense response from customers around the globe, we’ve decided to expand our wings and provide more advanced options to customers to archive their Salesforce data. That’s how we gave birth to the platform with a different and modern data archiving capability.
Do you have any guess how it is?
We will tell you!
DataArchiva’s external archiving is a one-of-a-kind application that can archive your mission-critical data from Salesforce’s primary data storage space to your external database (Postgres, MySQL, Oracle, MSSQL, Redshift) by leveraging your external systems (AWS, Azure, Google Cloud, Heroku) as well as on-premises platforms.
Now, let’s think about the benefits of this different strategy.
Upon archiving data outside of your Salesforce system, you can boost the user experience and access the data flawlessly. Be it global search, advanced reporting (Tableau, Power BI), or security, our app delivers a seamless experience that can make your life a hundred times easier.
What Capabilities Set DataArchiva Apart?
- Compliance: We meet long-term data retention obligations in Salesforce to efficiently meet regulatory requirements and internal data policies.
- 100% Data Security: You can rest assured that no unauthorized individual can access your critical data as we add multiple security layers to it.
- Auto Scheduler: Schedule your archiving process in regular intervals or every day by eliminating manual efforts.
- Data View and Access: Seamlessly access and preview both live and archived data within your Salesforce UI with no impact on your user experience.
- Data Purging: Purge your archived (RTBF) data in a hassle-free way
The Bottom Line
What do you think about our data archiving platform for Salesforce? Did it knock your socks off? When we rolled out DataArchiva years ago, our intention was to provide essential support to Salesforce users who struggle with data management in Salesforce. We have been staying on the ball for all these years and have become the first choice for businesses of all sizes. That’s how our journey has been.
If you’re curious to learn more about DataArchiva’s both native and external archiving applications or want to discover something else with our assistance, please get in touch with us at the earliest. Our product experts are excited to connect!
If you find this article insightful, don’t forget to share